ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
Why should you attend?
The ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform a Quality Management System (QMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and the certification process according to ISO/IEC 17021-1. Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution. After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a Lead Auditor credential. By holding a Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Quality Management System (QMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Quality Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with QMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Quality Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Quality Management
- Understand the operations of a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 9001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 9001 in the context of a QMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in QMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and case study discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
PrerequisitesA fundamental understanding of ISO 9001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Course AgendaDay 1: Introduction to Quality Management Systems (QMS) and ISO 9001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
ExaminationThe “Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Quality Management System (QMS)
Domain 2: Quality Management Systems (QMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 9001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 9001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 9001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 9001 audit programme
For more information about exam details, please visit
CertificationAfter successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 9001 certifications and the certification process.
The requirements for Auditor Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||Other requirements|
|Certified ISO 9001 Provisional Auditor||Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the Code of Ethics|
|Certified ISO 9001 Auditor||Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Quality Management||Audit activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the Code of Ethics|
|Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor||Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Quality Management||Audit activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the Code of Ethics|
|Certified ISO 9001 Senior Lead Auditor||Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Quality Management||Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the Code of Ethics|
Note: Certified Individuals who do possess the Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor Credentials are qualified for the respective given they have taken 4 additional Foundation Exams which are related to this scheme. For more detailed information about the Foundation Exams and the overall Master Requirements.
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities: